Welcome to Tempdrop, a mobile application that, with the use of the accompanying wearable device, helps women like you to track sleeping temperatures and identify temperature patterns. We, at Tempdrop Ltd. (“Tempdrop”, “we”, “us”, “our”) respect your privacy.
The Policy describes how we collect personally identifiable information, use it and share it, and the rights and options available to you with respect to your information.
It is your decision to provide us with your personal information. You are not legally obligated to provide us with this information, but we need it in order to provide you with the Tempdrop System’s functionality.
This policy is combined into our User Agreement (the “Terms”), and is a part of them.
- Information we collect. We collect the information that you provide us in the registration process. We also collect measurements of your motion and temperature data when you wear the Sensor and it is turned on. These measurements are sent through the App, to our cloud server, every time you choose to synchronize the Sensor.
- Using the information we collect. We use the information we collect to operate the Tempdrop System, provide its features and functionalities, and to further develop, improve and enhance the Tempdrop system.
- Sharing the information we collect. We may share your information with third parties, mainly when you actively choose to share such information by registering your personal Tempdrop user account to third party apps, and with our licensors, contractors, and service providers, allowing you to make the most of the Tempdrop System and seamlessly measure your sleeping temperature every day to track your fertility. We may share anonymized information that does not directly identify you, for internal research and public health purposes. We can also share the information that does not directly identify you with regulatory agencies which review the safety and effectiveness of the Tempdrop System.
- Aggregated information. We may use the information we collect to create de-identified (anonymous), statistical, or aggregated data, and make it available to others for any purpose.
- Retention. We retain your information for as long as we deem necessary for the purpose it was first obtained. If you withdraw your consent to us processing your data, we will erase your personal data from our systems.
- Security. We implement measures to reduce the risks of damage and unauthorized access or use of information, but these measures, just like any security measure, cannot provide absolute information security.
- Children privacy. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children who are under 13 years of age.
- Changes to the Policy. We may change this Policy, in which case we will seek your consent to those changes if they are material.
Information We Collect
Tempdrop Registration. Only registered users may use the Apps. You may register using your email address and your name. In order to sign up for OvuView, you may be required to submit other personal identifying information.
Tempdrop Device Information. By using the App together with the accompanying wearable device (the "Device"), we collect measurements of your body temperature and motion (“Measurements”) when you choose to transmit them from the Device via the App to our cloud server.
OvuView App. By using OvuView, we collect the physiological data (“Physiological Data”) that you enter.
Information Storage and Logs. Every time you use the Tempdrop System, information that your mobile device/browser sends is automatically recorded by our servers in logs. The information included in these logs may include your IP (Internet Protocol) address, IMEI number, location, usage analytics, type of browser and version, language, cookies, session records and the time and date you accessed the Tempdrop System.
Subscriptions, Purchases, or Other Transactions. When you use the Tempdrop System to make a purchase or complete a transaction, you may be asked to share certain personal information in addition to what you have provided upon opening your account. Additionally, other information may be required to complete the transaction. This information will be requested on a case by case basis and will be saved only upon your express confirmation in order to enhance your experience using our Services. We may use this information to assist in the successful completion of the transaction, to analyze and provide feedback on the Services, to ensure a safe transaction free of credit or other fraud, or to better our customer service efforts.
Inquiries. If you contact us for questions or complaints, or for technical support, we will collect the information related to your inquiry. This may include your mobile phone number and other contact information, depending on the nature of your inquiry.
Actions in Public and Community Areas. Information that you or other users display, write, or post in the public areas of the Tempdrop System becomes public information when it is posted. Tempdrop cannot control how this information is used when it is disclosed in group postings, message boards, user forums, chat functions or others channels. Please be aware of your communications in these venues and refrain from disclosing private information or information you do not want made public. In these areas, be careful as to not release your name or other private information because this content is available to others. Message board postings, emails, and other suggestions and comments you provide in these areas will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Should you use your real name, it may be indexed by search engines and be discoverable by anyone using the world wide web.
Analytic Information. When you access or use the Apps as a registered user, we may use third party analytic tools to automatically collect information about your use of the App. This information includes your session durations, the content you accessed on the App, your interactions and user-interface clicks, and the frequency and scope of your use of the App.
Device information. We may collect information about your mobile device, including its model, its operating system, its unique device identifiers, the browser you use, its version, its language (i.e. locale) preferences, its mobile network information, and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you accessed the App.
We do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children who are under 13 years of age.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 13 YOU MAY NOT USE THE APP IN ANY WAY.
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you have the following rights:
- Right to access - Request information on your personal data that is processed by us as further detailed below.
- Right to data portability - Gain access to your information by requesting a backup of your data in order to transfer such data to other companies or organizations.
- Right to rectification - Correct your personal data in the Apps that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to object – Object or withdraw your consent from data processing at any time.
- Right to be forgotten - Request the deletion of your data as further detailed below.
- Right to complain - Lodge a complaint with the relevant supervising data protection authority if you believe we are processing your personal data under violation of applicable data protection regulations.
If you wish to exercise any of your above mentioned rights, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Using Collected Information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- Generating reports based on your Measurements and Physiological Data, aimed at providing you with a better way to track your temperature and other patterns;
- Operating the Apps and providing its features and functionalities;
- Further developing, improving and enhancing the Tempdrop system;
- Sending you updates and other communications related to the Apps;
- Generating statistical and aggregated information about users of the Apps;
- Providing you with support, handling complaints, and contacting you when we believe it is necessary.
- Enforcing the Terms and this Policy and preventing misuse of the Apps.
- Complying with any applicable law and assisting law enforcement agencies and competent authorities if we believe it is necessary or justified.
- Taking any action in any case of dispute involving you, with respect or in relation to the Apps.
We will not use the Measurements and Physiological Data to send your any marketing or promotional messages.
Sharing Information Collected
We may share the information collected from you, as outlined in this Policy, with others, in any of the following instances:
- We may share information that does not directly identify you, for internal research purposes only, to the benefit of public health in general and women's health specifically;
- We may also share information that does not directly identify you with regulatory agencies which review the safety and effectiveness of the Tempdrop System;
- We may use the information we collect from you to create de-identified (anonymous), statistical or aggregated information, and make it available to others for any purpose;
- We may share your data with fertility tracking apps or similar, only if you chose to share your Measurements and Physiological Data with them (“Third Party Apps”) by logging into the third party apps with your Tempdrop credentials;
- We may share your data with our licensors, contractors, and service providers, strictly for the purpose of helping us with the internal operation of the Tempdrop System;
- If we believe that you may have breached the Terms, abused your rights to use the Apps, or violated any applicable law: Your information may be shared with law enforcement agencies and other competent authorities and with our counsels and any third parties as may be required to handle any result of your wrongdoing, if we believe it is necessary or justified;
- We may share your data to the extent required by law, or if we believe that sharing information is necessary to prevent imminent physical damage to body or property.
- We may share your data if the operation of the Apps is organized within a different framework, or through another legal structure or entity (such as due to a merger or acquisition), provided however, that those entities agree to be bound by the provisions of this Policy, with respective changes taken into consideration;
- We may share your data in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and us, or between you and other users, with respect to the Apps or your use thereof.
In any case other than the above, your information will only be shared with others if you provide your explicit prior consent, and we will never share personal data with third parties for marketing purposes without your prior explicit consent.
Retaining And Deleting Collected Information
We retain the information outlined above, for as long as you are using the Apps. We may delete your information from our systems, without notice to you, once we deem it is no longer necessary for the purposes set forth above.
Please note that merely uninstalling the Apps won't delete your account and its details, including all the information maintained in it and information sent to Third Party Apps, which may still remain with us and with other Third Party Apps. If you wish to delete all information about you that is stored on our servers, please contact us at: email@example.com. In order to process your request, we may require additional information or corroborative documents from you to verify your account and confirm your identity.
Once we complete processing your request for deletion, we will delete your information from our systems. However, be advised that following such deletion, some information, though not accessible in the ordinary course of business, may still be retrievable from back-up copies or may still residually reside in our systems. You should also bear in mind that aggregated and analyzed information will not be deleted as it is merged with other information.
Transfer of Data Outside Your Territory
We may store and process information in the EU and in other countries throughout the world, such as the United States. We may also process information using cloud services. You agree to the transfer of your information to such other countries for the purpose of processing as described in this Policy, including through cloud services.
If you are a resident in a jurisdiction where transfer of your personal information to another jurisdiction requires your consent, then you provide your express consent to such cross-border transfer.
Accessing, Updating, or Deleting Your Personal Information And Obtaining a Copy of It
You may ask to access the personal information about you that is stored in our systems, or have us update, correct, or delete such information. You may also be entitled to obtain from us the personal data you provided us (excluding data we obtained from other sources) in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and have the right to transmit those data to another data controller. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following disclosures are made pursuant to the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
- You have the right to submit a complaint to the relevant supervisory data protection authority.
- Tempdrop Ltd. is the data controller in respect of the processing activities outlined in this Policy.
We implement measures to reduce the risks of damage, loss of information and unauthorized access or use of information. These measures do not provide absolute information security. Therefore, it is not guaranteed and you cannot expect that the App will be immune from information security risks.
The following disclosure is made pursuant to California Online Privacy Act (CA Civil Code § 22575): When you use our App, other parties, such as Google, may collect personally identifiable information about your activities over time and across different websites or online services.
We may change this Policy, in which case we will seek to inform you.
You may contact us with any questions or comments, at: email@example.com.
Effective date of the policy: April 15, 2019