Once again, our users have spoken and we have listened.
After many months of testing, we're rolling out a change to our algorithm and how it treats retroactive updates. Our goal was to simplify the user experience while maintaining the accuracy of temperature data - and we're proud to say that this algorithm update does just that.
Up until now, our existing users have experienced these retroactive updates on the following schedule:
- 1-30 days - No retroactive updates resulting from the filtering of variables that might interfere with temperature readings
- 31-60 - Retroactive updates start and all temps previously recorded can change and are subject to updating
- 60+ - Only the last 2 temps may change each day upon syncing
Starting February 19th, 2020, the new retroactive update experience will be:
- 1-14 days - No retroactive updates
- 15+ - Retroactive updates start and only the last 2 temps will ever update
This means that the user will see their chart becoming clearer and clearer starting at day 15 rather than day 30. Their charts will improve earlier and continuously become more stable through the 60-day early learning phase without sacrificing accuracy.
While we know this feels like a big adjustment, we can assure you that we have tested the change extensively and have seen that the temperature data and charts are just as accurate as before.
This algorithm change only affects users who haven't purchased and synced their Tempdrop yet as of February 18th, 2020. New users will have the new retroactive update experience.
For those of you who are new to Tempdrop and still curious about how our algorithm works, know that your experience will be simpler but your results won’t be less accurate.
Thank you so much for your patience and understanding as we continue to improve Tempdrop while remaining committed to transparency and dedicated to unparalleled customer support! Tempdrop has been and will always be driven by our users.